Sunday 15 July 2012

Favorite trend Summer 2012 - King and Queen of Scarves


I’ve always been a big fan of scarves, so it was no surprise to me when they came back this summer in a big way.  Scarves are a great accessory, in that they add a level of color, beauty and sophistication to any outfit.   
Look at my collection :0) , I have scarves from Skye Batiks, Tie Rack , Evans and M&S as well as lots of lovely boutique type stores.




It’s amazing how a simple scarf can transform your look. 

For instance you could tie the scarf around your middle, adding a flash of color that pulls in and defines your waist line.    

Or you could tie it around your forehead and produce an almost bandana effect.

This is a Skull scarf from Bury Market


Pauls Scarf is from Burtons  (isnt he cute and how nice is he to let me play dress up lol )

Combination of Evans scarf around my head and Skye Batiks around my neck.

You can even use scarves to tie up your hair.

 Or just wrap it around your neck in the standard way to keep those chills out.



The great thing about Scarves is that come in a variety of colors and fabrics. My favorite at the moment is faux fur, I just love the feeling of the fabric against my neck, so warm, comforting and luxurious, just pure heaven.   Hint hint hubby :0)








Interestingly enough the scarf effect has also taken the form of scarf dresses, named predominately because of their prints, color and amazing fluidity within the cut of the fabric.

Check out the Simply Be one here for £24.00

 You can even make your own scarf dress following these easy instructions.


Makeup
Foundation faker - Benefits - some kind of gorgeous medium
Bronzer - Benefits Hooler
Eye Lashes - Benefits Bad Girl lashes
Black eyeliner - Chanel
Eyeshadow - Urban Decay
Lipstick Chanel - no 14 Rouge Allure 
 
 So take a fashion tip and get rummaging around and find one that best suits you, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment